Tuesday, September 11, 2007

he's a hard, hard workin' man.

ok.... this will be one of those annoying posts where i tell you how lucky i am to be married to matt o'malley. if you don't want to hear it or you are starting to gag, move on, cause i need to explain what kind of man i am married too.

i have never met a man who works harder then my husband. matt is up by 6 something in the morning (most days) and has already fed and let out the dog before i even stir. he works HARD all day..... everyday. 4 nights a week he comes home, takes a shower and heads out the door to starbucks (his second job). he comes home around 11:00 and makes me go to bed. he plays with the dog, checks email, does the dishes and brings up water.... he reminds me to take my prenatal vitamin and manages to stay coherent enough to hear me babbles random thoughts about my day...

when he is not at work the man does not stop. errands with aubrey and i, refinishing furniture, mowing the lawn, yard work, training the dog, laundry and well..... anything.

for a woman who's love language is "acts of service" all i can say is i can hear him loud and clear. i am loved.... and that's all a girl needs to know.

on friday matt and i are (finally) taking our anniversary trip (it was 5 years in june.) we are heading up to Bar Harbor, one of our favorite places. ok, so this year there will be no rock climbing or strenuous hiking, but we are looking forward to holding hands and spending time together.....

i love matt o'malley...
and i got to marry the man of my dreams!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

missy, this post made me get all teary. it could be my pregnancy hormones, or maybe i'm just amazed at how God brings together two people who are perfectly suited for each other! (i think both reasons caused the tears, personally.) i'm so happy for you that you have the man of your dreams and that he takes such good care of you. i know my husband is the same way, and i am so thankful for him! thank you for posting that. it's good to brag on our husbands sometimes!

pattibg said...

You are very wise to appreciate the good man you have,
I know he too, must know how blessed he is to have a women who loves him so.
All right... we are getting a little mushy here.. but, how wonderful it is to love and be loved in return.
thanks for the reminder .....I have a lot to be thakful for too.