Thursday, September 20, 2007

don't need anything


matt and i returned from bar harbor late monday night. it was an amazing weekend! we had so much time to rest and relax, we enjoyed just being able to be together. we arrived in bar harbor on friday night and made our way to thurston's lobster pound.... i would say our favorite place to eat. it was chilly and a little rainy, but perfect. we sat in the candlelight next to a fire and devoured our wonderful meal. by 9:00 we were in bed, after a full day of driving we both welcomed sleep.



saturday it rained.... "perfect maine weather" matt said. he was right. you cannot go to maine and not have a cold and rainy day. we got a chance to go shopping in bar harbor and hit some of our favorite shops. sunday was beautiful, warm and sunny. we went hiking in the morning and did some sight seeing in the afternoon.

it was back to thurston's for one last "hoorah" and then off to bed.



we are back home and have reentered LIFE. tons of appointments this week, matt's back to both his jobs and we are both running in different directions. we are hoping that lord willing it all slows down soon.... but we are not complaining.

we are happy.



don't need anything
by: Glen Phillips

I've got gardens growing, got quiet days
clothes on my back, food on my plate
got friends to help me if I call for them
don't need anything I don't have

got eyes to see this beautiful land
feet to take me where I want to stand
if there's work to be done, I've got these two strong hands
I don't need anything I don't have
I don't need anything I don't have

some years the rains don't come
some years floods clear out the plains
but if those waters wash this town away
I would still have enough if she was with me

I've got a roof overhead, stars if I choose
but I've no need to fly, I've got no itch to move
got almost nothing, but I understand
that I don't need anything that I don't have
I don't need anything that I don't have

1 comment:

pattibg said...

sOUNDS LIKE IT WAS A WONDERFUL WEEKEND......SO GLAD YOU WERE ABLE TO GO.
I AM HOPING FOR AN ESCAPE WEEKEND TOO. ONLY I THINK I WILL WAIT TILL vALENTINE'S DAY.
MY WEEKEND WITH THE AVALON GIRLS (THE END OF OCTOBER ) DOESN'T COUNT AS A ROMATIC WEEKEND... JUST FUN ,FOOD, AND LAUGHTER i GUESS YOU'D CALL IT A MENTAL HEALTH WEEKEND :0)