Friday, December 10, 2010

Please turn off your cell phones.


Just needed a day where no one could reach me. A day where my kids, whatever they wanted to do came first...not a ringing phone or a dinging text. Aubrey asked if we could go to Longwood, it was freezing but we only needed to make it over to the Conservatory where it is always springtime. I brought paints and pencils and we found a cozy spot to work on our painting skills.
We painted, we paid in the Children's water garden... they had all of me. We pretended to be princesses locked in a tower. Logan was coming to save Aubrey, Grayson for Leah. I asked who would be coming for me to which Aubrey replied, "Matt, your husband, the king!" Matt was glad to hear she has it straight who the king is.

More days, please, where I feel free enough to turn off the phone and be available for my girls instead of for everyone else.



1 comment:

a blog full of weldons. said...

beautiful...just plain beautiful! i love it!!!