Thursday, February 21, 2008

mommy scissorhands


I don't know what came over me. I was like a woman possessed... My poor unsuspecting toddler sat at the dining room table making a mess out of her lunch and I started scouring the kitchen for a pair of scissors. Hmmmm.... she really is quite messy, think she may need a mid-afternoon bath (oh, like that's normal?). I pushed the scissors into my pocket. I will only cut it if "the opportunity lends itself" I thought to myself. Let me find a comb...just incase.
We headed upstairs for a bath. "Aubrey, can mommy cut your bangs? Here sit on the sink?"

She sat so still I just went to town. I did end up painting a dot on the mirror in mascara so she would look straight ahead. Aside from that Aubrey's first real haircut was uneventful. I was actually quite proud of myself.

3 comments:

Lyryn said...

Hey Missy, Not sure you remember me, but you took our wedding pictures in 2003! I just wanted to tell you that you have two beautiful children! If you don't mind I would love to add you to my blog... it's really good to hear stories from other moms. This entry just cracked me up!

Anonymous said...

Dad I just said "boy, doesn't she look like Missy.
I remember your first hair cut, (you did a great job.... Aubrey looks great.) I, however, did not try to cut your bangs , myself until you were a little older.
You were 3 at the time we decided you need your hair cut, so we (silly us ) found a "kids cut " hair place.
You were very good, but turned my fingers blue from holding on to them so tight. after that expensive experience, I tried cutting your bangs on my own, and then later , you helped with your sisters.
I guess it never turned out too bad, after all you are all still beautiful, wonderful women and all still have both ears . Although I do remember, someone's eyebrow being cut...Was that you??????
Sorry.

Lyryn said...

Yes, you do have it right! :)