Sunday, April 04, 2010

This is how Easter started...

It is inevitable that every Sunday my children sleep in. Aubrey is up at 7 AM every other morning of the week but (you guessed it).... Sunday. Every church morning I am forced to walk upstairs and shake her little body until she turns over and sticks her little bottom in the air and says, "I'm still tired."

Easter was no different. Most likely because Mom forced everyone to dye eggs at an ungodly hour. We got a late start yet again and had to fit in Easter Egg hunting and candy before shipping them off to their Sunday School teachers. Ha!

We searched for eggs, ran like mad to get dressed and run out front to take picture.

This should have been the clue.

This is when mom and dad start to discuss why they are doing pictures when we are already late. I looked at Matt... "This is the best they will look all day. I promise that someone will be covered in marker from church... or chocolate...or..." He got the point. We finished our photo shoot quickly and jumped in the car.

We arrived at church just in time and started to pile out of the car. I had one foot on the ground when Leah decided to projectile vomit (nice mental picture) everything she had eaten that morning. I needed to go in, I needed to be in the building ten minutes ago. I needed to set up computers and check classroom and welcome visitors.

I grabbed Aubrey's hand and started to run for the door. "She's all yours. Sorry." Aubrey and I hurried away and Daddy got to take a puke covered kid to Walmart to look for a new dress. (Don't worry we didn't take our infected kid to church, just to my mother's house to infect her cousins.)

She never got sick again that day. It was a fluke...

Really glad I stopped to take pictures before church. Obviously... I am always right.


No comments: