Thursday, April 15, 2010

Running with the Girls




As a parent you walk a fine line with sports and extra curricular activities. You of course want your children to love the things you do. But you want to make sure that they are exposed to other things as well.

For example many of you that I do not do well with sports that are played with a ball or rather an object that it hurdled through the air at horrific speeds... towards your HEAD. Couple that with my lack of hand eye coordination... Not fun.

I am hoping as my girls grow that I can send them to Aunt Lindsay's for a little soccer fun, or to Aunt Carla's for a little bit of catch with a softball. But for now I am happy that they have both gotten excited to go for runs with me.

Yes, when we run together it is a little less effective (for me) than strapping on my music and just "going". We stop to walk, decide to get in the jogging stroller (that I brought just incase), run again...stop...walk...ride... you get the picture.

For now I am happy to share my love for running with them. I know as they get older they may move on to bigger and better things, but for now, they look up to me and that is kind of neat.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I love it !!!