Monday, June 23, 2008

double trouble...again





this sunday i ran the double trouble again. (i ran it the june after aubrey was born). mostly, i ran it so that i had a goal in mind... as i tried to get out of the house a couple times a week to run. believe it or not, two years later it didn't seem as bad as it did before. i don't know if it was the fact that i knew what i was in for, but it really was over before i knew it. mind you, i am a little sore from the crazy rock jumping i had to do. poor legs only got to train on road so the quick stepping (trying not to break an ankle), kind of running i had to do left me a little tender. it was fun though! the BEST part, my parents came out to see me run (or see me finish rather... you can't really see the rest of the run, it's in the woods). it made me so happy to see them waiting at the finish line with aubrey, leah and matt. i am so blessed to have parents who would make a trip all the way out to french creek, just to see me finish.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We were so glad to be there
You looked great!!!!!!!!!
hey, I heard the 87 yr.old is running in Sept in Philly (aren't you doing that too? )
Look Out !!!!!!!!!:0)

Tote, Debby, Sammy and Caleb Jimenez said...

you're amazing! i don't know how you find the time to run much less the motivation! i would love to run again. i loved it in high school, but i'm afraid i've gotten really fat and really out of shape since then! scary! anyway, great job!!

the o'malley clan said...

mom,
he was only 76 not 87. ;o)

Jennifer said...

You amaze me.

-Jen Pixley