Tuesday, January 16, 2007

fish?


This past Sunday Melissa and I decided to take Aubrey to see some fish. Since she has always loved to look at the fish in the pond in the back yard, we thought she might enjoy seeing lots of fish. Naturally we ended up in Camden (Baltimore was a little to far for a spontaneous jaunt). She was sooo excited! The first thing we saw was a little pool with rays and sharks that you could reach in and touch. She would have been in the water if I had let her. After a little while we decided to move on to see more, and she was so excited about the fish that she started to cry. We assured her that there was much more to see and she settled down as we came into the room with the OCEAN TANK.... BIG FISH!
She was beside herself.


Next we went to another place that was hands on... this time Aubrey was able to do a little more that just get daddy wet. Although I don't think she felt any different about touching a starfish than she did about touching a shell.


My favorite part was the HIPPOS! They are the most agile beasts I have ever seen (except for maybe Rick Wise, he's pretty agile... although he does not in any way resemble a hippo... at least not any more...never the less he's a beast.) This guy here was definitely showing how big and bad he was... the picture is actually a little bit deceiving. He was so close I could have smacked him on the nose. That was actually the scary part... the fact that I stood there and contemplated doing it... which would have been ridiculously stupid as he probably could have turned my hand into applesauce.
It was a great day... Melissa and I had lots of fun but the best part was seeing Aubrey's wide eyes as she discovered new things. Pretty standard dad stuff I would say.

No comments: