Thursday, November 16, 2006

she must be advanced.

Last night I snuck into Aubrey's room while she slept. I couldn't resist the urge to pick her up. I just wanted to rock her, just for a minute. She looked up at me groggily for a second and then laid her head on my shoulder. Then she started to pat me on the arm. Her way of saying "Hi, Mommy" without saying anything at all.

She is getting so big. I cannot believe in just a couple of weeks that she will be a one year old. Where did the time go? I cannot remember what life was like before she was here. She makes me smile everyday.


She is walking steadily around furniture. Still to cautious to let go yet, but that is ok. She can get up and down quickly and has a tendancy to stand on one leg if she is trying to climb up and reach something. Pretty good gross motor skills if I do say so myself.

She says "Moo" when you ask "What does the cow say?" The tractor says, "Rrrahh, Rrrahh, Rrrahh." She just added "Baa" for the sheep in the last few days and has surprised us with a loud "Baabee" (Baby) and a pointing finger for any child, baby or doll.


Aubrey is only using a sippy cup now, we have been bottle free for almost two weeks. She loves to eat and has yet to turn her nose up and anything besides tuna (which I shouldn't have tried to give her yet anyway).

She loves her green blankie and her little yellow giraffe, which Aunt Lacy got her when she was born. She likes to chew on his face. ;o)

Given a choice of music, she will pick the Jackson 5 over anything else. She bops along to the beat and loves when you pick her up and swirl her around the room.

She can sign "more," "all done" and "go." Although "more" can mean a plethera of things, such as "I want," "I am hungry" and "Yes." We are trying to teach her more words and signs to try and clear this problem up. Lol.

The child is obsessed with books. She will sit and flip pages forever and she is so gentle with them. You can even hand her one with soft pages and know it will be in one piece when she is done. Her favorite book is Brown Bear and if you ask her to, she can find it herself. (Trust me, this has happened.)

Life is going to get really interesting really fast... the kid will all the sudden just come out with something she learned that we didn't know she was learning... for example she has this toy that sort of looks like a phone (buttons, screen, etc.) but it does not light up or make any sounds like most kid toy phones do. In any event she picks it up and puts it to her ear and then holds it out for you. This quickly became a game. Now if the phone is nearby we say "hello?" and she will pick it up and put it to her ear... after a few "hello's" she gives it to us and we have a short conversation which usually ends with "oh you want to talk to Aubrey! Ok here she is... " and then another round of "hello?" As you might guess this goes on for a while.


My point is now we are going to have to start watching what we say around the baby.. she saw us always picking up the phone and saying "hello?" and that's what you do... I just hope she doesn't start yelling stuff like "nice blinker idiot!" when she's in the car.

anyway that's the scoop on the Aubs!


more to follow I'm sure.

1 comment:

Ice said...

Happy 1 Aubs! It as been fun watching you grow and learn. I enjoy everytime I get to see you and hold you :) This summer we were at the beach at the same time... we listened to the Bridge Band play and you and I sang with them while mama and dada were packing up the tent. Your buddy, Owen, was there as well! Your pretty face brightens up my day when I see a new post about you online from your parents. I am at school studying to be a teacher and God gave me a passion for children. Therefore, you melt my heart. I will be praying for you and your parents as you being the life of a toddler soonish. You are adorable, hugable, super loveable, and precious beyond words!