Tuesday, October 24, 2006

i am so in love....



my matt.... for some strange reason today i cannot stop thinking about him. now i know the "perfect wife" (whoever she is) probably does not stop thinking about the one she loves, but me, i find myself to busy with all the other things to stop and miss my husband. don't get me wrong i cannot wait until the end of the day when he walks through that door... but mostly i find myself ready to say "here your turn" as i hand off aubrey.

this morning he crawled back in bed with me just to cuddle (and sleep in a little more, i am sure). he got up before he had to leave for work to change the baby's diaper and lay her back in bed. he took up all the cups and what not upstairs... (this may not seem like a big deal to many people, but it was to me). he kissed me and left to go to work.

i started thinking ...i love the way he always kisses me goodbye in the morning ...the way he doesn't complain when i ask him to fix the blankets, get a glass of water for me and turn out the lights before bed ...i love that he cuddles with me before he falls asleep ...i love that he encourages me to try new things and dotes on me just a little when i complain and say i can't ...i love that he doesn't let me quit ...i love that he is creative and artistic ...i love that he is outdoorsy and adventurous ...i love that people look up to him ...i look up to him ...i love that he can do the thousand things that i wish i could ...i love that he has a quiet spirit and that sometimes he just needs to be alone to recharge ...i love that he loves us so much that he takes the time to recharge ...i love that he is looking toward our future and sees good things for us ...i love that he works hard ...i love that he has made spending time with us a priority ...i love that he desires to grow ...i love that he desires for me to grow ...i love to watch him with aubrey ...to see how much they enjoy eachother ...i love figuring out this parenting thing with him ...i love that he (and i) don't really have it down, but he says that that is ok ...i love that he is patient with us as we figure it out ...i love him "just because".

1 comment:

Ice said...

Thank you ! It is hard to read postings like there...because there are so FEW. It is important for younger people to realize and know faithful, loving, and true relationships are possible in the world we live in. Thank you for being bold and sharing. Many kids, teens, and young adults only have their parents as an example and believe marriage is useless. Marriage is pain, too much effort, abuse, fighting, and lies.

As for the parent thing, you two are amazing... you are naturals that just love love love and love your baby :) It shows.... and oh yea you love her.