Saturday, October 07, 2006

Highland Orchards



Matt, Aubrey and I went to Highland Orchards last weekend (after camping) to go apple picking. The weather was just starting to cool off and I couldn't wait to sink my teeth in to their amazing warm cider doughnuts.....

Aubrey got a chance to pet the goats at the petting zoo....She posed for a picture on top of some precariously placed pumpkins.... She even got to help with picking some apples. Actually, we picked the apples and she snuck some leaves into her mouth when we weren't looking.... Found it stuck to the roof of her mouth.




We spoke to a woman on the ride out to the pumpkin patch and she made some sort of comment along the lines of "we take our kids all these places and they don't even remember." It made me sad for a minute.... but then I thought to myself.... She may not remember being 10 months old and picking apples.... but I will. And it makes my heart smile.




I have come to the realization that home is not a place.... or a building, but the traditions you make, the memories that stay with you and most importantly the people who love you.

Happy Fall!

2 comments:

Ice said...

I love how you end this blog. It is so true, but so hard to remember sometimes. I spent the morning with my cousin, Ash, and it was hard to not get said about saying goodbye. Sometimes we go months without seeing each other and I count on the memories to hold me through. I try to enjoy the moment and embrace the memory now instead of getting all worked out about the goodbye or someone not remembering.

The pictures are absoulutely beautiful!!! She is getting so big and I just love watching her enjoy life and exploring through the pictures you post.

Be Blessed :)

Anonymous said...

A very lovely baby. I was very happy when I see her.