Tuesday, May 23, 2006

it's a beach thing...


excited for the future.
as my little girls feet touched the sand for the first time that is how i felt. part of me says " i can't wait until we can walk together and play on the beach... me and my little girl. the truth of the matter is... is that this is all going way too fast. i remember my wedding day... standing next to phil as our guest were being seated..."out of the woods" by Nickel Creek was playing and the sun was beginning to go down... the air was beginning to get a bit of a chill (just like the weather that we have been having lately) ...and in that twilight with amazing music I was in another world. I knew then that time would go too fast... that this moment would soon end. Phil, who has stood with many men and shared these sort of times with them put his arm on my shoulder and said "suck it all in... take it in... remember this." that magical moment and especially the short time that followed is embedded in my memory forever... I can still see the glow of my brides gown when she first came into view.
my point is that there are now more and more moments in my life that i need to hear a voice beside me saying "suck it all in... take it in..." so this is me and my little girl on the beach.

1 comment:

Ice said...

that is amazing.... wow... how beautiful to see and read.