Saturday, December 03, 2005

Five more days....

You carry this little one inside you for so long, you cannot wait to meet them...to see their precious little face, to hold them for the first time... and then the day comes that they actually arrive. Thursday, December 8th, 2005...sounds like a good birthday right? I actually got to pick it out a big date book at Labor and Delivery. 12/08/05, Aubrey Elizabeth will be making her grand entrance. (Well, that is unless at the last minutes she decides to turn around...which is also ok with me. Either way, I am excited to meet her.)
I don't feel ready for this...for someone to be completely dependent on me for everything. You kind of get thrust into this motherhood thing, even if you have 9 months to think about it. I am sure it's never like you imagined it to be. In some ways it is so much more. You meet this little person and you look into their little face and a feeling washes over you, that you love this little girl so much that your heart could break.
I am scared that I won't do it right (whatever right is)...that I will not know what to do when she cries, that I will make mistakes...I am scared about the first time she and I are all alone.
No nurses, no visitors, just us, staring wide-eyed at eachother wondering how are we going to do this?

Pray hard for us... I have a feeling that parenthood is a long road, with lots of twists and turns...Pray that I can continually go to the Lord for the strength for the next day. Whether she is three days old - or thirteen years old (personally I think I am more scared about thirteen.)

1 comment:

Chip Minto said...

Hey Miss
Don't worry you are going to be an amazing mom!!! You will know exactly what to do. It is all a wonderful God given instinct. As I am sure you can guess from watching me and Cherry it is the hardest thing you will ever do, but also the most wonderful. Take each day as it is. When you have her don't worry about tomorrow or even 5min.in the future. Just focus on what you are doing right then and there.
I can't wait to meet this little girl!!! What a precious gift the Lord has given you!!!
Love
Lacy